Welcome - School Leaflet
Kildysart Community College
Our core aim is the provision of an educational experience that is life enchancing for all, both teacher and pupil: a school that together with the home provides a happy environment where the Christian spirit is nurtured: the dignity of the individual is cherished; where diligence, courtesy, participation and respect are fostered and the code of discipline is implemented for the good of the individual.
- Department of Education & Science Junior Certificate which is taken after 3 years.
- The Leaving Certificate of the Department of Education & Science.
- Post Leaving Cert FETAC Level 5 in Business Studies/Accounts & Computer Applications
A Comprehensive range of subjects is offered in a caring atmosphere, by an experienced staff. This college is situated in a quiet, rural setting.
Curriculum Core Subjects
Social, personal, health education
Civic, social & political education
Art, craft, design
French, German, woodwork
Technical graphics, metalwork,
Post Leaving Cert Programme-FETAC LEVEL 5
- Accounting-Manual & Computerised
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Text Production
- Safety & Health at work
- Text Production
Some points on the Adult Education/Post Leaving cert course
- The course can act as an ideal transition year between the Leaving Certificate and entry to Third Level Education.
- With proper application and aptitude it is possible to have all examinations completed by early May.
- Certificates gained from the course make a very impressive addition to a CV.
- The school has been particularly successful over the years in placing students in the Civil Service. If you have completed the course you are in a perfect position to apply whenever the examination is next advertised.
A book rental scheme operates for the first three years. Cost €150 in total.
The facilities of this new college include a modern sports hall, playing fields and hard court surfaces. At present students are involved in gaelic football, hurling, ladies' football, basketball, volleyball and rugby.
Other activities are:
We are located in south-west Clare in the village of Kildysart on the banks of the river Shannon.
- Kilrush is 18 miles
- Ennis is 15 miles