Field Work 2016
Team Building 2015
Visit of Olympic athlete Jessie Barr
As part of the Sky Sports Living for Sports Programme, Olympic athlete Jessie Barr visited our school in 2016 and gave a wonderful talk to 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students.
Jessie competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the Women's 4X400metres relay. Jessie will return to the school in a few weeks to work on a sports project with a group of students. We look forward to meeting her again and wish her every success in her quest to qualify for Rio De Janeiro 2016.
Lahinch and Doolin trip
January 28 ·
Last month, our Leaving Cert Geography students travelled to Lahinch and Doolin to carry out their fieldwork study on coastal processes.
As a class, they examined the effects of coastal erosion, determined the direction of longshore drift, measured wind and wave activity, examined how pebbles are deposited on a beach and observed human interaction with coastal erosion.
Rugby Trip to AVIVA Stadium
Here is a summary of our day on October 11th.
- Played DownShire Secondary School, Carrick Fergus Co Down - won 8 tries to 2 in the AVIVA back pitch (3G surface) and Landsdown RFC Grounds.
- On AVIVA played St. Marys Ballygar, Co Galway - won 6 tries to 2.
- TRY Scores (click here to see our panel / T =TRY)
- Trip Tour of Irish dressing room -Fergol Finnane sat where Brian O'Driscoll sat -Dylen Kenny sat where Robbie Kean -Looked at analysis screens used at half time. -Visited Hydrotherapy (Recovery Unit) -Visited Line out training Area (which is adapted to dressing room area for concerts by Michael Bublé, Madonna and Beyonce.
- Students given Sciences Certs signed by Paul O'Connell, Jamie Heaslip and Rory Best.
- Colin McMahon, Leo O'Donohue and Jamesy Meere looked after the team. Here is a flavour of what students thought of the day - . comment from Evan Flynn (2st Year)